Madison Centre, a 36-floor office + retail building with numerous features has opened at the southeast corner of Madison Street and 5th Avenue. Plans for this building were sidelined for 10 years during the economic downturn, but recently Schnitzer West, the real estate developers for this property decided to move ahead. They received comprehensive focus group feedback before proceeding to create a building striving to serve their tenants’ varying needs for collaboration, connectivity, and privacy, with relaxed amenities. The end goal was to increase everyone’s productivity and efficiency. In essence, a “next-generation workplace”. It’s LEED-certified and has an excellent walking score of 98, being centrally-located in the downtown Seattle core, near the downtown Central Library.
FEATURES OF THE MADISON CENTRE:
- Every floor has floor-to-ceiling windows, including the 3-story rotunda and commons area via a spiral, suspended staircase, accessed from the street
- In the Gathering Place/Rotunda (i.e. Lobby)
– Fireplace and its towering pillar, from a stone quarry in Minnesota
– A suspended spiral staircase that leads up to 3-story glass rotunda area and commons
– Exposed wood slats in rotunda, adjustable for natural light
– A 5,000-plant Green Wall to improve air quality, reduce noise, and ease stress
– Extremely fast elevators (from ground floor to roof in about 24 seconds
– Premier coffee shop on NW corner of rotunda
– 5-star concierge service
- Rooms & Work Spaces
– Site-Wide Connectivity: Wi-Fi is everywhere, so tenants can work anywhere in the building.
– Fireside Lounge
– Common work spaces (both individual and team) and lounge areas off lobby
– Cafeteria for tenants
– Private quieter rooms available for reservation
– Multiple, shared conference areas: boardroom (elegantly furnished, fully equipped), other spaces with adjustable space
– WA Athletic Club-run fitness center (5,000 SF) for tenants
– Wellness Center (for health services, such as flu shots, etc.)
– Conference Center with adjoining catering kitchen (12 to 130 people)
– Able to control energy usage, lighting levels and temperature from anywhere
- Other Spaces
– a 480-stall Garage and Bike Storage with abundant security cameras. There is also showers and a locker room for those who pedal to work.
– Rooftop deck with 15-foot glass walls to minimize wind. Lounging areas and green space are part of this deck.
Madison Centre is currently at 30% capacity, having newly opened last week, and tours are available.